Writing Centre Publicity Assistant
The Writing Centre seeks a Writing Centre Publicity Assistant to support the Writing Centre’s publicity and communications goals for the 2022-23 academic year.
• Working with the WC team to publicize writing centre events and programs, both online and on campus
• Assisting with social media, including checking social media on a daily basis and responding to any direct message inquiries on social media, or commenting on posts
• Assisting with organizing weekly social media campaigns throughout the school year
• Documenting special events with intent to curate and grow our own stock image inventory
• Gathering samples of promotional material for archival purposes
• Attending team meetings when needed
• Assisting with other tasks as required
Experience + Qualifications
• Current Emily Carr students in 2nd year or above
• Satisfactory academic record
• Photography skills to document people and materials
• Solid experience using social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc. and an aptitude for learning new platforms as needed.
• Well-developed time management and organizational skills, strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a small team.
The Communications Student Assistant can expect to work, on average, 2-4 hours per week throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. You will not be expected to work over the winter holidays or during any university closures.
The rate of pay for this position will be $18.50 per hour (base pay of $17.07 plus vacation and stat pay). To apply, please email a cover letter not exceeding one page outlining your interest in and suitability for this position to email@example.com. Please attach a current resume with
the names of three references, at least one of whom should be an Emily Carr instructor.
Applications should include a cover letter articulating your interest in and experience relevant to this position and a current CV. Applications can be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Monday, September 26 at noon Pacific time. Late applications will not be considered.
Questions about the position or project can be directed to Heather Fitzgerald.