We are now hiring Writing Centre peer tutors for 2022-23!
The Writing Centre at ECUAD is looking to hire 2-4 peer tutors for the 2022-23 academic year. These positions are part-time during the regular academic year (September – April) for approximately 8 hours per week, usually scheduled in multiple shifts. Additional hours are sometimes available.
Interviews and hiring will happen in late April 2022, online training will take place over the summer (on your own schedule), and then on campus training will begin in September 2022.
The primary role of peer tutors at the Writing Centre is to:
• Tutor students about their writing, in person or online
• Facilitate writing groups or workshops to support our writing communities
• Develop resources in many forms to support student writing
• Participate in social media presence and increasing awareness of the Centre
• Welcome and assist students in the Centre (on campus)
• Attend weekly meetings and participate in ongoing training (up to 2 hours per week)
• Participate in Writing Centre events and initiatives
• Take on leadership roles over time
Please submit via e-mail: the completed application form below and an updated resume.
Application deadline: Thursday, Apr. 14, at 11:59 PM PT
Please email applications (and any questions): email@example.com
Experience using the Writing Centre is a strong asset.